You are a woman and a beginner and want to start a workout for fitness? We give you the best beginner workout for women. You have not to be worried if you’re new to the gym or exercise (though that’s much easier said than done!) because ideally, you’ll start from the volume at a low and then gradually will get to high.
People just starting should do three cardio workouts and two strength-training workouts every week. You can follow this schedule if you are a beginner
- On Monday you can do cardio
- On Tuesday you can do full-body strength training
- On Wednesday you can do cardio
- On Thursday you can do full-body strength training
- On Friday you can do cardio
- On Saturday you can do the rest
- On Sunday it is time for some rest
This workout plan allows time for your muscles to relax and recover between training. If you cannot make it to the gym five days in a row, start with just three days and add your cardio and strength training in each training session.
At the end of your five-week workouts, fit in a 10- to 15-minute static stretching routine.
Beginner Cardio Workouts for Women
Doing a cardio workout at the gym offers an array of several types of gym workout sessions, so you can try them out and choose the one you like and enjoy the most. Most gyms offer a wide variety of cardio machines like:
- Recumbent bikes
- Stair climbers
- Elliptical machines
- Stationary bikes
Women with the age of 40 or more, face a reduction in bone compactness because of hormonal changes, they will fit with the machines that involve being on their feet, such as the treadmill, elliptical machines, and stair climbers, as they will help to promote bone growth and this is the best beginner workout for women.
Beginner Strength Training for Women
Strength training is essential because it increases lean muscle, which in turn will speed up your metabolic rate and support healthy body composition. Also, it helps to build bone density. A full-body gym workout plan includes different exercises like:
- Step-ups (weighted or body-weight)
- Leg extensions
- Leg curls
- Chest press
- Assisted pull-ups (machine or bands)
- Shoulder press
- Bicycle crunches
- Back rows
- Squats (weighted or body-weight)
- Leg press
People that have initially started the gym start from one set of eight to 12 reps of each exercise. Take your time and use lightweight until you are comfortable with the technique of each training. Once you become perfect to start using a weight that lasts two reps of an eight to 12 rep set challenge.
Beginner strength training routines
- A full-body workout routine includes leg curls, crunches, chest presses, shoulder presses, back rows, and leg presses. This is the best beginner workout for women.
- To start with, women beginners should try to perform 2-3 sets with 8-10 repetitions. It would help if you started with light weights so that you can build into heavier weights later.
- Women possess lower levels of muscle-building hormones naturally, so weight training is excellent because it helps increase muscle, speeds your metabolic rate, and helps with bone density.
Best Stretches for Women
As working women sit throughout the day due to this their hamstrings, glutes and lower back get tight. Your flexibility will have a significant impact if you start bouts of static stretching on a regular basis, as results there will be low muscle tension, improve posture, and reduce risk of injury.
Try to do gym at the end of your workout because at the time your muscles are already warmed up.
In static stretching, you get a position in which muscles are enlarged and then you have to hold that position for 15-30 seconds.
The Best Stretches for Women
- Standing hamstring stretch
- Figure four stretch
- Triceps stretch
- Cross-body shoulder stretch
- Standing quad stretch
- Downward dog
- Bent-arm wall chest stretch
- Seated wide-legged forward fold
At the end of your workout, do not forget to do some stretching. If you sit at a desk all day, your muscles can become tight, so stretching is essential. To get good results try to perform stretches at the end of your gym because at that time you do not have the need to warm up, your muscles will be already.